I put hand up on your hip – when I dip you, you dip, we dip! Get the party started better than an old school jam from 2 Live Crew. We call this cold cheese dip in our house. I thought I would class it up a bit for you guys and call it Summer Cheese Dip.
This is my take on a pimiento cheese spread. I serve this up at parties in the summer time. It is soo easy to make and absolutely delicious. You might wanna make two batches. This stuff goes FAST!
If you are lucky enough to have left overs you can use this cheesy deliciousness to make a mind blowing grilled cheese. Spread onto your favorite bread and grill it up in a pan. Seriously, I don’t know what the better way is to eat this. As a dip or as a grilled cheese spread.
No matter how you eat.. It is damn tasty!
- 12 oz Shredded Mexican or Taco cheese blend
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small tomato
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 green onion
- Add cheese to a medium mixing bowl
- Open can of rotel - drain out all excess liquid. Add to shredded cheese.
- Add 1 tsp garlic powder and mix everything together.
- Add mayo and gently coat the cheese mixture. Try not to "mash" everything together. Think coat the cheese not blend everything together.
- Let set in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Dice up the green onion as a garnish and serve with either corn chips or crackers of your choice.